Personal Umbrella Insurance
Personal Umbrella Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Personal Umbrella Insurance Information
Protecting yourself and your family is likely one of the main reasons you have insurance. Finding the right personal insurance (e.g., home, auto, watercraft) can help provide financial protection if something goes wrong. However, if a claim or judgment exceeds the limits set by your existing policies, you could still be on the hook for costly out-of-pocket expenses. Personal umbrella insurance can help protect you from these losses.
At InsurePro LLC, we understand the importance of protecting your family from financial hardship. Contact us to learn more about our personal umbrella insurance options.
What Is Personal Umbrella Insurance?
Personal umbrella insurance is a type of personal liability coverage that can add a layer of protection to your existing insurance policies. It begins where your current coverage ends and can help fill any insurance gaps left by your existing policies.
Typically, personal umbrella policies begin with a $1 million limit, but higher coverage limits may be available. Many personal umbrella insurance policies also extend coverage to the members of your household, including your spouse, children and other family living in your home.
What Does Personal Umbrella Insurance Cover?
The coverages provided by your personal umbrella insurance policy will vary with your insurer. Here are some of the coverages that are typically included in a personal umbrella policy:
- Bodily injury can help pay for expenses arising from allegations that you or your family caused third-party bodily injury.
- Personal injury can help cover costs associated with claims that you or your family caused third-party personal injury (e.g., defamation, humiliation).
- Property damage can help pay to repair or replace third-party property that you or your family have damaged.
- Legal fees can cover legal bills related to accusations that your family caused third-party property damage or bodily injury.
Contact InsurePro for a personal umbrella insurance quote.
Who Needs Personal Umbrella Insurance?
You aren’t legally required to purchase personal umbrella insurance. However, in some cases the cost of premiums may be well worth the peace of mind. The following are examples of situations in which a personal umbrella insurance policy could be beneficial:
Getting Personal Umbrella Insurance
- You feel you’re at risk of being sued.
- Your total assets are greater than your existing coverage limits.
- You have additional liability risk factors (e.g., rental properties, teenage drivers).
Get the peace of mind you deserve. Contact InsurePro today to speak to an insurance agent and learn more about our personal umbrella coverage.
We operate out of southwest Virginia, with offices in Abingdon, Pennington Gap, Clintwood, Honaker and Norton.
You may also be interested in…